By: Limor Friedman, Owner of Vancouver In The Box.
1. Get rid of Unwanted Items – make room for new things in your life: De clutter is the most important step. Go through your closets, cupboards and storage. Call Recycling BC hot line 604-732-9253 (rcbc.bc.ca ) to learn where the nearest location to recycle & donate! They can tell you which organization can pick up donation items including furniture.
Scheduled your Moving Day?
2. Parking for the Moving Truck:
Reserve a parking spot for the moving truck. In Vancouver, it is best to apply to reserve meter spaces at least 3 days prior to your move: Tel:604-871-6730.
3. Elevator: Check with the Building Manager when can you use the elevator for your moving day (usually not before 9:30am) and make sure to reserve the elevator on both sides.
4. Back up computer files, pack important documents like passports and MSP cards in a labeled bag or box to carry with you and keep separate from the items in the moving truck - make sure you know where this bag is at all times.
5. Finally, leave all the keys to your old house in one spot (storage locker, doors in the house, garage door...) arrange all the manuals and documents related to your property in one place. ie. a kitchen drawer, for the new owner.
Vancouver In The Box, provides fast and efficient packing services for your move. Call or email to arrange a free in home estimate: vancouverinthebox.com 778-228-6976